In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
- PetnetThis is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy
- List of inherited disorders The Lida site from Sydney University is a list of breed specific genetic disorders. Search your breed for potential genetic problems or research different breeds before you decide which dog is right for you.
- Canine Inherited Disorders Database This is a list of genetic disorders from Canada. Similar information to the Sydney site but a little easier to nagivate.
- NPWM An initiative of the American Veterinary Medical Association this site has some great tips on keeping your pets healthy and happy.
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Behaviour problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Veterinary Information Network
VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- eVetSite Systems
makes it easy for veterinarians or their staff to create a professional and educational veterinary hospital website. eVetSite Systems makes web site design easy and affordable!